Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Story momentum

I continued to be told that Illegitimate Advantage (IA) is intense from the first page to the end. Almost to the point where people need to put it down and take a rest. I didn’t realize it at the time but, I probably subconsciously designed it that way. I wanted a story that had a strong velocity. One of the cardinal rules that I learned about writing is to keep the story line steady and not speed up. But I wanted to do something different with an element of acceleration. IA would always be gaining momentum. And by that I mean that it would subtly speed up all of the time. So I was breaking the number one cardinal rule. It was an extremely inspiring time for me. Eating, sleeping and writing this novel, was all that I did. I believe that the value of IA shows because I was writing it with such conviction and honesty. I look forward to your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment